COSPLAY!

How do I made forum
Terraem
sideburn king

Re: COSPLAY!

Post by Terraem »

Roleplay any Nord lady from the Elder Scrolls series. They're all tall and kick booty. Though I don't think length should be a factor in deciding who you'll be cosplaying as, mostly.
Why Would You Do That?!
Skypuh: Same as username!

shazza
Future Farm Bone Overlord

Post by shazza »

skin colour, height, weight, eye colour, gender, or facial features should NEVER being a deciding factor in who to cosplay. do you want to cosplay someone? do it. it's not some thing you can only do if you actually look the part - it's something you do because you like a character and want to dress up like them. if anyone tells you otherwise then you should probably push them off a bridge.

nothing is more frustrating than hearing people say they're too something to do a thing no you aren't IF IT MAKES YOU pop flyin' DO IT

PLEASE

FOR ME
Image Image

kaizokuxraven

Post by kaizokuxraven »

Hmm, I suppose so... I guess I'm just not that confident! Props to all those who are... haha

saximaphone

Post by saximaphone »

I want to cosplay but I don't want to shave.
I'm limited to dudes with masks and Gordon Freeman.

shazza

Post by shazza »

^ that's a more difficult issue haha

i've never seen a gordon freeman cosplay (outside of that film,) that has really been up to snuff construction wise (nor have i seen one in person) so there's a challenge for you should you choose to accept it

kaizokuxraven wrote:Hmm, I suppose so... I guess I'm just not that confident! Props to all those who are... haha
i'm the most socially awkward human in existence but somehow when i get in cosplay i'm all about hugs and shit

so i guess its in a way good for me haha
Image Image

Blake

Post by Blake »

I should try to cosplay for Megacon(Orlando, FL comic/games/anime/whatever convention), and hope I don't act socially awkward.
Skype:blakesalveson | Steam:Blaust | Tumblr:Blaust | DeviantART:Bws2cool

Kamak
Riku's other favorite

Post by Kamak »

shazza wrote:skin colour, height, weight, eye colour, gender, or facial features should NEVER being a deciding factor in who to cosplay. do you want to cosplay someone? do it. it's not some thing you can only do if you actually look the part - it's something you do because you like a character and want to dress up like them. if anyone tells you otherwise then you should probably push them off a bridge.

nothing is more frustrating than hearing people say they're too something to do a thing no you aren't IF IT MAKES YOU pop flyin' DO IT

PLEASE

FOR ME
I have the same sentiment, but at the same time I know that a lot of people not only feel pressure from others to cosplay well, but also put that pressure on themselves, and feel like if they can't do a character justice, they'd have a terrible time cosplaying them.

So yeah, at the very least, no one should feel pressure on the outside about how they want to cosplay (as long as it follows con rules), and to some extent they shouldn't let their own fears and misgivings get to them, but if someone feels they're not going to do a good cosplay of a character they adore, and it's going to impact their fun, I think it's better for them to find a cosplay they're more comfortable with being successful with.
-K-
ImageImage

creakyAccordion

Post by creakyAccordion »

I've only ever done a babby level cosplay (homestuck) but I really want to do something that actually takes some work next time I go to a con

I might do a Hotline Miami cosplay but that's only a small step up honestly
Great Job!

3DS Friend Code is 4742-5561-2615. If you add me send me a PM so I can add you back c:

saximaphone

Post by saximaphone »

Be like me and do Amumu.

Entire costume cost me $6

TerraChimaera

Post by TerraChimaera »

Going back to Chicago Comic Con again this year
I knew ahead of time so I have a lot of time to prepare

edit: my cosplay
Valbrandur wrote:Drink milk for strong bone
^^El tumblo (upstanding members of society)^^

Shad
being a gentleman is my jojob

Post by Shad »

Eventually I want to cosplay as Scout and Junpei (the persona dude)
I however have no sewing skills so Junpei's cap and other things (the SEES sleeve thing) will be my first challenges

Mr. Mander
how much is a score

Post by Mr. Mander »

If you've got the dosh to spare you can order custom iron-on patches that would accomplish the same purpose, so you could look into that.

TerraChimaera

Post by TerraChimaera »

Apparently for Pit cosplay the boots themselves cost as much as the rest of the cosplay combined

holy shet

shazza

Post by shazza »

that's why you just make your own shit. much cheaper, much more impressive.

if you currently can't sew, buy some cheap material from the dollar bin and start practicing. really helps if you have a family member who sews and can help you out. i'm grateful for my mom for teaching me the basics as a kid. but yeah go buy a cheap pattern for like a blanket or something and get the feel of it. even if you gotta handsew it coz you don't own a machine and/or don't want to invest the cheddar in one. but for americans at least there's machines at walmart for like $80 that are excellent starter machines. can't do a whole lot more than sew in a straight line but really that's all you need haha.
Image Image

TerraChimaera

Post by TerraChimaera »

I think I can just murder a pair of fuzzy boots and glue them to my sandals